What would be a basic setup for a small mantis shrimp?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
40,647
Reaction score
67,845
Location
Fontana, California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone! I got my shipment of live rock in yesterday, and one of the cool critters in the rock I received is a small mantis shrimp. I'm thinking keeping him in the 225g big reef would be a no-no, so I'm thinking about setting him up a small tank for his own. How involved would that be? What kind of setup would you think he'd need?
 
were you able to identify the type/kind of mantis it is? not sure if they all grow to be the same size, or have the same care requirements but perhaps knowing which it is could help with getting you an answer! :)
 
were you able to identify the type/kind of mantis it is? not sure if they all grow to be the same size, or have the same care requirements but perhaps knowing which it is could help with getting you an answer! :)
I'm trying to remove him and get a picture of him. I'll do that ASAP.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new