OP
kodak

kodak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I based my filtration on the YouTube video: Coralife Biocube Basics, simple filter modifications. I use standard lights and grew all you see with stock lights but I did add a couple 21 LED USA blue strips for more blue when white lights are on full. Take a look at Steve’s LEDs they come in a Biocube hood and from what I understand can grow anything.
D75FEB04-FF68-4D64-9D5E-CB340B92DC6B.jpeg
Beautifu! I'll check out the video

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you need an ATO unless you are going away for a few days and need to fix a feeder. I bought the skimmer that fits and it was constantly working over time and ended up taking it back off a couple days later. the cup is just too small unless you modify it to drain into a bottle. I also picked up the UV but never hooked it up. you do need a small wave on it.

OP
OP
kodak

kodak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you need an ATO unless you are going away for a few days and need to fix a feeder. I bought the skimmer that fits and it was constantly working over time and ended up taking it back off a couple days later. the cup is just too small unless you modify it to drain into a bottle. I also picked up the UV but never hooked it up. you do need a small wave on it.
is there any other skimmer that youd use instead of the coralife one? My last tank had horrible algae blooms so i feel like i'd need one to help

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there any other skimmer that youd use instead of the coralife one? My last tank had horrible algae blooms so i feel like i'd need one to help
I'm personally going for a refugium on the new setup. Will add a skimmer if needed.

OP
OP
kodak

kodak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm personally going for a refugium on the new setup. Will add a skimmer if needed.
Are you going with a HOB refugium or are you replacing one of the chambers?

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going with a HOB refugium or are you replacing one of the chambers?
New tank has a sump. I took a 20 gallon long and added baffles.
If i did one on the nano i would do a hang on back tho.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 166 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back