What would you pick? XR15 blue with which AI Blade?

Lolleo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I thought it might be a interesting discussion as I am looking to get two AI blade to complement my XR15 blues to raise the par in my tank. Which of the two would you add to a Radion blue. Would you add a grow or a glow ? This post could be also used along side a XR 30 blue as well!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on which spectrum you want to emphasize. I'd pick grow personally but then again I don't care about the "glow" anymore since I've had coral for so long and seen so many lol

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lolleo

Lolleo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on which spectrum you want to emphasize. I'd pick grow personally but then again I don't care about the "glow" anymore since I've had coral for so long and seen so many lol
I was thinking a grow too because of the xr already being the blue why add more of the blue/violet colorish. I would even say my tank is a little too blue with my xr 15 blues and could use a little bit more white.

Upvote 0

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking a grow too because of the xr already being the blue why add more of the blue/violet colorish. I would even say my tank is a little too blue with my xr 15 blues and could use a little bit more white.

I want to see the grow with higher white settings but I've seen 0 videos of people doing that. I almost wonder if the freshwater version would be better.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lolleo

Lolleo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to see the grow with higher white settings but I've seen 0 videos of people doing that. I almost wonder if the freshwater version would be better.
I will say I have not seen a single video of a freshwater version over a reef tank yet. I wonder the same if it would be better as a white supplement light but at the same time I doubt the par of the freshwater one is as good as the grow/glow someone would have to dig into that but maybe as a supplement light it would do good, just don't know yet as they are so new.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lolleo

Lolleo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my grow with the whites at three times the levels of the other two channels for a whiter look that I prefer. I don’t think a video can really capture the look though.
Do you run it as its own fixture or supplement?

Upvote 0

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my grow with the whites at three times the levels of the other two channels for a whiter look that I prefer. I don’t think a video can really capture the look though.

Take a pic and use Adobe Lightroom. It helps in allowing you to make a pic more like real life

Upvote 0

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you run it as its own fixture or supplement?
I supplement 2 kessil 360x and I run those quite white as well, I set the blade to match the color close as I can.

if setting the tank up from scratch I would probably stick with blades only and ditch the kessils but I got them used for cheap.

Upvote 0

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are few photos and video on my build thread

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lolleo

Lolleo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are few photos and video on my build thread

Very nice build! A little too white for me but everyone is allowed to like what they like and I will say for a whiter tank it looks really good IMO.

Upvote 0

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice build! A little too white for me but everyone is allowed to like what they like and I will say for a whiter tank it looks really good IMO.
Yeah I originally wanted a fish only tank and blues wash out their colors, I then changed plans to a softie tank for something different from the acro tanks I had before. With fish and many softies non-fluorescent having blues tend to mute those colors and over time I started liking whiter tanks in general. If I crank up the blues on this system all I really do is lose most of the color.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lolleo

Lolleo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I originally wanted a fish only tank and blues wash out their colors, I then changed plans to a softie tank for something different from the acro tanks I had before. With fish and many softies non-fluorescent having blues tend to mute those colors and over time I started liking whiter tanks in general. If I crank up the blues on this system all I really do is lose most of the color.
I agree a tank with colorful fish and mainly softies like that and some acro tanks they can look amazing with pure white like especially if you want authentic colors from the fish.

Upvote 0

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The freshwater is very white/yellow. Use the Grow and bump the whites. You can make the grow surprisingly white if you want.

I use the FW version for my chaeto. It’s greats for that but I wouldn’t use it over my tank.

8CCD5714-1879-4E49-BFDC-9EDA15F19DB5.jpeg

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%

Back