What zoas look best under white lights? Tell me your favorites

mike89t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the Zoas for sale from Tidal Gardens. They have photos of their corals under Atinic (blue) and 10,000k (white) lighting

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the Zoas for sale from Tidal Gardens. They have photos of their corals under Atinic (blue) and 10,000k (white) lighting

Thread is over 2 years old. Was bumped because someone wanted a zoa ID from a post in it

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meant to ask what type of zoanthids, the blues are really nice. would love to get some to complement my ultra carribean zoas.
Oh duh lol my brain was not working this morning I guess.

“ATTR’s true blues”. Sadly you will not find them anywhere…. I was the only one with them and the tank crashed and the person I gave a backup colony to who had blue lights thought they were ugly (duh blue lights on blue) and didn’t save them when they fell into his rock… I am still ticked about that.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh duh lol my brain was not working this morning I guess.

“ATTR’s true blues”. Sadly you will not find them anywhere…. I was the only one with them and the tank crashed and the person I gave a backup colony to who had blue lights thought they were ugly (duh blue lights on blue) and didn’t save them when they fell into his rock… I am still ticked about that.
Not exactly the same but similar

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these are the fluorescent ones with bright gold, yellow and green (labeled 1) next to the purple space monsters(labeled 2) under white lights. Under blue lights, the colors are super intense.
I think a nice blue and a true red Zoanthid will complement nicely. Hence the search for a true blue Zoa.
BTW I have no idea what those gold/yellow/green zoas are, the LFS has no idea too! but it fluoresces even in normal daylight.

Attachments

• IMG_7026.jpeg
    IMG_7026.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 17

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is the closest I have seen yet. I would love to see those under 10k tubes. Also lots of the blues drop their color in tanks quickly. These held color for over a year.

I would get the spidermans.............they are a deep blue and the red skirt really sets them. I've had Tubbs original and the Spidermans are nicer by a long margin.
Spiderrman zoas.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back