Whats going on?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dfrashid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dfrashid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2022
Messages
260
Reaction score
139
Location
Hayward
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I've had this Hammer head corral since the start of my tank (5 months now) and its now showing like a bald spot is this signs of growth stress or something completely different I'm a newbie and just learning thank you for all your help!
20230212_192021.jpg
20230212_192010.jpg
 
Ok so I've had this Hammer head corral since the start of my tank (5 months now) and its now showing like a bald spot is this signs of growth stress or something completely different I'm a newbie and just learning thank you for all your help!
20230212_192021.jpg
20230212_192010.jpg
Hard to tell under heavy blue lighting but often growth of sponge does this as well as bacteria that triggers tissue recession
 
Hard to tell under heavy blue lighting but often growth of sponge does this as well as bacteria that triggers tissue recession
Hard to tell under heavy blue lighting but often growth of sponge does this as well as bacteria that triggers tissue recession
Well the corral is doing great it's always opened and seems very happy is this coral consider a sponge?
 
I think it's going to split in to 3 new heads honestly it's what it looks like not I'm looking at it with the lights off!
If it’s down the middle of the mouth- then splitting. Pics always best under white lighting
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new