What's growing on my snails?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lexie217
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lexie217

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
Location
Magee
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210328_182134.jpg

This lump was on the snail when I got him but it was a lot smaller. The snails seems happy and travels around the tank so I don't think it's hurting him. It is growing though and I'm curious to know what it is.
 
Looks like a Slipper Limpet (Crepidula) to me. I have one on one of my Astraea snails as well. It's a harmless filter feeder and I wouldn't attempt to pull it off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new