What's on my Hammer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NanoSteam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NanoSteam

ANTI 100% Blues Only Club
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
2,886
Reaction score
13,374
Location
SoCal
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at my corals closely today and noticed something odd on one of my hammers. I'm not sure what I'm looking at but it seems "hard" like calcified or is it some sort of big pest that camouflages pretty well?

You can tell it's over the flesh or rather the flesh is being scrunched up and unable to extend all the way down?

Otherwise the coral is very happy and fully extends, these photos were taken and beginning of ramp up.

20251120_090920.jpg
20251120_090924.jpg
 
Almost looks like another head skelton that got glued over?

Now I'm wondering if I accidentally got glue on my gloves while mounting this hammer but I should have noticed by now 🤔
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new