What's on my Hammer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NanoSteam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NanoSteam

ANTI 100% Blues Only Club
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
2,886
Reaction score
13,374
Location
SoCal
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at my corals closely today and noticed something odd on one of my hammers. I'm not sure what I'm looking at but it seems "hard" like calcified or is it some sort of big pest that camouflages pretty well?

You can tell it's over the flesh or rather the flesh is being scrunched up and unable to extend all the way down?

Otherwise the coral is very happy and fully extends, these photos were taken and beginning of ramp up.

20251120_090920.jpg
20251120_090924.jpg
 
Almost looks like another head skelton that got glued over?

Now I'm wondering if I accidentally got glue on my gloves while mounting this hammer but I should have noticed by now 🤔
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new