What's on my snail's butt?

  • Thread starter Thread starter alyee5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alyee5

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2014
Messages
331
Reaction score
287
Location
Phoenix
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My eagle eyed daughter (future marine biologist?) told me that one of my cerith snails seemed to have an anemone on its butt. I couldn't see what she saw until tonite. I took him out of the main tank and put him my sump to get a better look. Picture below.

Any ideas? Harmful? Should I scrape it off? I am very curious, should I wait and see what develops?
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1463201598.340011.jpg
 
Looks like an Aiptasia. Superglue over it or rub it off thoroughly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new