***What's one huge advantage of AI lights? CONTROLLABILITY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef News

Latest Reef News
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't looked into the great controllability features of the latest line of AI lighting, check out this great video by Reef Builders! If you're looking for lights that allow great and easy control, then be sure to check these out!

Have you used AquaIllumination's lights? Let us know about your experiences!

ckozma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They need to add presets like radions have. I love my HD's and the programming is easy enough using myAI but it is missing many features that the director already has. The ability to turn off lightning, real-time weather, lighting presets.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you guys planning on something new to replace the director? Controllability is great I'm sure for all your customers that purchase the new HDs but how about all your previous customers?

I've also read that you guys will no longer be producing upgrades, I was looking forward to upgrading my hydra 52 to an HD. Please let me know what the latest info is on these issues since I've emailed you guys a couple times with out any answers.

beadlocked450r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I starting to consider replaceing my mh fixtures for 4-52hd. Anybody have any advice before i spend 2k?

Anthony kolodziej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had MH before these and let me tell you , they rock less energy and more light than my 250 watt halides I have 2 of the 52's and one 26 over a 210 gallon sps reef and the corals love it I plan to get another 26 or maybe a 52 and only run 3 . To me they look just like the halides I had on before and the growth actually seems better , great color

socali_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regular hydra 52. I'm a big fan of Ai lights. U can text me or pm I can send u pics. 949-468-8952

nrupaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you guys planning on something new to replace the director? Controllability is great I'm sure for all your customers that purchase the new HDs but how about all your previous customers?

I've also read that you guys will no longer be producing upgrades, I was looking forward to upgrading my hydra 52 to an HD. Please let me know what the latest info is on these issues since I've emailed you guys a couple times with out any answers.

Amen to that. with AI no long manufacturing the director, or offering upgrades it has essentially stopped supporting a product they released approx. 2 years ago. After having spent close to $2000 on the Hydra52's, i can confidently say it was the worst investment I made in my reef setup.

How long till they come up with the next product stop supporting the Hydra52 HD?

Darbna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I starting to consider replaceing my mh fixtures for 4-52hd. Anybody have any advice before i spend 2k?
Just hooked mine up. I had some issues at first and had to take one of the lights back as it wasn't connecting. after that it has been pretty easy. Love the lighting and controls. Everything in my tank is extremely happy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back