What's the backorder time frame on the rental PAR meters?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GREAT idea by the way. Didn't think I'd ever actually see it. I've signed up for "notify me when in stock" on the MQ-510 rental and just wondered
a- Will i actually get an email and be able to get to the site in time to rent it
b- How many/ how long do you anticipate wait time to be?

Thanks again for making something so important to successful reefing obtainable to the masses!!

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PedroYoung

We're pretty excited about this too! It's been great to see so many people trying these out. Hopefully this will make it easier for everyone to get those fancy LEDs dialed in just right!

a) You definitely should get an email once they come back in stock
b) We're working on some packaging improvements which should be implemented in the next week or so, and then we'll be able to start cycling the rental meters back onto the website. So, you hopefully shouldn't have to wait too long!

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PedroYoung

We're pretty excited about this too! It's been great to see so many people trying these out. Hopefully this will make it easier for everyone to get those fancy LEDs dialed in just right!

b) We're working on some packaging improvements which should be implemented in the next week or so, and then we'll be able to start cycling the rental meters back onto the website. So, you hopefully shouldn't have to wait too long!
Great, thanks for the reply and thanks for all y'all do for us reefers (nice you get to make a buck for it too). ;)

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished up with mine today and have a message into to BRS to return it. I used the 210 as the 510 was not available, it was a few bucks cheaper and from every video with Randy/others it was so close that it was more than good enough for me.

Being able to rent it was perfect as it made me actually do all the measurements and adjustments quickly and not delay/put it off :)

I got it and spent several hours across a couple of days and tuned all my light heights and intensities to match the PAR ranges I wanted to hit for all of my tanks (4 display tanks, a frag tank, and a coral qt tank). For example, I was able to adjust the two different lights over my coral QT so the left Prime matches the higher par of XR15+T5 SPS tank and the Kessil H80 on the right matches the lower par of the tanks with LPS/mixed. I may even make some pretty excel graphs like the par output reports BRS made for all the lights in their videos but for my own tanks.

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lactose That's awesome! Glad to hear this worked out for you and was valuable. That's just what we want to hear!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh thins has been on my list long before it was available deff. glad you took mine and other suggestions gonna rent one for sure!

hey @Zack@BRS next BRS meeting how about bring up heavy duty suction cups rentals. or if you buy a large tank for you guys like I did you can "rent" for free. great bonus way to get more tanks sales and help out the hobby. thus a thought.

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PedroYoung

Just a follow up. I did finally receive an email saying it was back in stock, but by the time I went to the site it was gone again. I would suggest the ability to back order this item so it is less "luck of the draw" who gets them and more "waiting in line". Do I have to register again for notification?

U

User1

View Badges
Just a follow up. I did finally receive an email saying it was back in stock, but by the time I went to the site it was gone again. I would suggest the ability to back order this item so it is less "luck of the draw" who gets them and more "waiting in line". Do I have to register again for notification?

That is a good idea. Pre-order to get on a waiting list. That way you can see where you are on the list, etc. It will also allow BRS to decide if it makes sense to purchase more to add to the pool. I'd say to get on the list pre-pay 15 - 25 percent and balance paid on final transaction.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back