Whats the best 90 gallon cube ?

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wanted to upgrade to an 60 gallon,but then i thought something bigger would be better:D so i started looking for 90 gallon cubes, but couldn't find that many. So, what do you guys think would be a good tank to buy? BTW, the tank MUST be a cube, rectangle won't fit.

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SCA PNP looks nice. I keep checking on their site hoping to get the 90 pnp on the "deal of the day"

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure. Maybe 1 yellow tang. I don't know anything about sailfin tangs. I would ask in a new thread to get the best answers from people with experience with these fish. Cubes don't have the length and may be too limiting.

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends who you ask. If you search the site enough you will probably come to the conclusion that a yellow is borderline and the sailfin way too large. They can get up to 16"

Pfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 93g from marineland is pretty nice, better yet when it is rimless and reef ready. I'm quite frugal, bordering on the edge of cheapskate and that SCA tank is twice the money and I dont think it to be worth the mone. Again that is my opinion. I would do a custom stand though to get a large enough sump under the stand as well as with the factory stand you can not fit a 29g tank under it even, again my opinion. as for the tang I would say you could put a yellow or a kole tang in there with no problem for life.

OP
OP
mochaclownlover

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just looked at the marineland 93 gal. and i think it's nice. The only thing i don't like is the corner overflow,i think the central overflows are easier to hid and i personally like them better, plus the SCA tank has the adjustable return lines,which is convenient for directing flow into dead spots and less cords in the tank. I was thinking instead of a yellow tang, maybe a purple tang. I was thinking a naso tang would fit nicely:D

serpent

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not recommend the 93 Marineland cube. Too many of us have had issues with them. Their silicone is atrocious. Just do a search on here to see how many of us had to return ours only to get one "slightly" better. I am still not happy with mine, even though they replaced it and said that the bubbles in the seams are okay.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say that PNP package is sweet. The stand is too short IMO.

I am currently in the middle of a 93 cube build. Check it out.

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marineland QC is horrible. I went through four tanks, the seals are horrible. Fortunately I was able to reorder over and over based on the inspection since it was a LFS. I only stuck it out because it was a package deal and my custom stand and canopy was already made for the tank.

For stands, check local furniture or woodworking folks. I was able to get amazing stands at custom heights for a little more than the chain ones.

I won't buy marineland again.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 75.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back