Whats the best corals

I've found success keeping hammers, Duncan's and rhodactis mushrooms in my 33 gallon. If you want something that is faster growing you could do some pulsing Xenia or Green Star Polyps. Be careful with the placement of either of those...try to place them on an isolated rock. They can quickly take over your tank and become a nuisance.
 
The best or the easiest ? Mushrooms are very forgiving and hard to kill. I think they are a great starter coral. You can find many colors that will pop and some varieties grow fast. They ar not invasive like GSP, Kenya trees, pulsing Xenia or clove polyps, for example. I would avoid those.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new