First salt tank: Fluval Flex 32.5

asorrell740

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello everyone. This is my first foray into a salt reef tank and i am excited to be starting my journey. I've always had freshwater tanks and now that i'm retired from the Air Force i have the time to invest in this hobby. I have the Fluval Flex 32.5 AIO and so far it's going well. Started with live sand and a couple cycled rocks from my LFS. I used Aquavitro Seed bacteria to start the cycle just over 3 weeks ago. I purchased 2 Ocellaris clowns yesterday that are doing well. Looking forward to learning from everyone and hopefully, if all goes well, in a few months i'll have some corals in my tank. Wish me luck:)

Reef Chasers Aquaculture
OP
asorrell740

asorrell740

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
It will be a reef tank and i'll only be keeping softies and LPS for now. I don't want to delve into the SPS side until I can afford to upgrade to a bigger tank and better lights. I'll probably keep this tank for at least a year so I can refine my reef keeping skills. Dream tank would be no bigger than a 150 gallon. In the picture my BTA on the left was being camera shy. He was opened up really nice earlier this morning. Didn't want to add a coral so early but got a deal last week i could not pass up. I also started to notice some brown stuff is creeping onto my white rock so i think my ugly phase is starting. Hopefully i can keep it under control.
16364706369642433995081320657204.jpg

Corals.com

mforde

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello everyone. This is my first foray into a salt reef tank and i am excited to be starting my journey. I've always had freshwater tanks and now that i'm retired from the Air Force i have the time to invest in this hobby. I have the Fluval Flex 32.5 AIO and so far it's going well. Started with live sand and a couple cycled rocks from my LFS. I used Aquavitro Seed bacteria to start the cycle just over 3 weeks ago. I purchased 2 Ocellaris clowns yesterday that are doing well. Looking forward to learning from everyone and hopefully, if all goes well, in a few months i'll have some corals in my tank. Wish me luck:)
Hey there, tank looks good. I just started a very similar setup a few weeks ago with the fluval 32.5. Good luck!

OP
asorrell740

asorrell740

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
It’s a great tank! My first which will be 1 year old on Dec 14. I’ve learned so much with this one. Looking forward to adding another larger tank soon!!
Looking good! Did you seed the corraline algae? Or did it just start growing on it's own? I am considering buying a bottle to give it a try.

REEFTIDE

2022 Salt Poll

• Red Sea coral pro

Votes: 200 14.9%
  • Red Sea blue bucket

Votes: 159 11.8%
  • TMPR

Votes: 268 19.9%
  • TM Classic

Votes: 33 2.5%
  • Fritz

Votes: 122 9.1%