First salt tank: Fluval Flex 32.5

asorrell740

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. This is my first foray into a salt reef tank and i am excited to be starting my journey. I've always had freshwater tanks and now that i'm retired from the Air Force i have the time to invest in this hobby. I have the Fluval Flex 32.5 AIO and so far it's going well. Started with live sand and a couple cycled rocks from my LFS. I used Aquavitro Seed bacteria to start the cycle just over 3 weeks ago. I purchased 2 Ocellaris clowns yesterday that are doing well. Looking forward to learning from everyone and hopefully, if all goes well, in a few months i'll have some corals in my tank. Wish me luck:)

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Do you have any pictures of your tank and what are your plans for it (FOWLR, mixed reef, SPS dominant, etc)?

OP
OP
asorrell740

asorrell740

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be a reef tank and i'll only be keeping softies and LPS for now. I don't want to delve into the SPS side until I can afford to upgrade to a bigger tank and better lights. I'll probably keep this tank for at least a year so I can refine my reef keeping skills. Dream tank would be no bigger than a 150 gallon. In the picture my BTA on the left was being camera shy. He was opened up really nice earlier this morning. Didn't want to add a coral so early but got a deal last week i could not pass up. I also started to notice some brown stuff is creeping onto my white rock so i think my ugly phase is starting. Hopefully i can keep it under control.
16364706369642433995081320657204.jpg

mforde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. This is my first foray into a salt reef tank and i am excited to be starting my journey. I've always had freshwater tanks and now that i'm retired from the Air Force i have the time to invest in this hobby. I have the Fluval Flex 32.5 AIO and so far it's going well. Started with live sand and a couple cycled rocks from my LFS. I used Aquavitro Seed bacteria to start the cycle just over 3 weeks ago. I purchased 2 Ocellaris clowns yesterday that are doing well. Looking forward to learning from everyone and hopefully, if all goes well, in a few months i'll have some corals in my tank. Wish me luck:)
Hey there, tank looks good. I just started a very similar setup a few weeks ago with the fluval 32.5. Good luck!

Powahfull

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I'm about 6 months into a bio cube I still find things I never knew came with the cycled rock I got from my LFS but lessons learned. I think about about a year or so I will upgrade too it's a lot of fun!

chandavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a great tank! My first which will be 1 year old on Dec 14. I’ve learned so much with this one. Looking forward to adding another larger tank soon!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 121
OP
OP
asorrell740

asorrell740

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a great tank! My first which will be 1 year old on Dec 14. I’ve learned so much with this one. Looking forward to adding another larger tank soon!!
Looking good! Did you seed the corraline algae? Or did it just start growing on it's own? I am considering buying a bottle to give it a try.

Horton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a little off topic but can you measure the bottom of the tank from front to back I know the front of the bow is 15.75 just wondering how wide of a spot I need to put it on. I have 14.75 inches for the spot I want to put it.

mforde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a little off topic but can you measure the bottom of the tank from front to back I know the front of the bow is 15.75 just wondering how wide of a spot I need to put it on. I have 14.75 inches for the spot I want to put it.
The base is 14 1/4” deep. So if you have 14 3/4” you’re good

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back