What's the best fish for beginners?

  • Thread starter Thread starter randyBRS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2014
Messages
2,124
Reaction score
3,922
Location
Minneapolis, MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fish would you recommend to a beginner hobbyist? Why?


 
Any type of ocellaris clownfish, if I had to pick just one anyway :). As far as the why.... I would say because they are very Hardy and have tons of character and are not usually too aggressive depending on your mix of fish.
 
It’s note as high of quality as BRS but I’m having fun.
Best and Worst fish for beginning reef keepers
 
Last edited:
Mollies! Inexpensive, hardy, and come in so many different colors and varieties :)
 
Lawnmower Blenny as they are pretty hardy and will help your tank through all your ugly stages.
 
I'm a fan of Royal Grammas. Very peaceful and easy to keep plus lots of color. Won't be a problem down the road.
 
Firefish gobies, percula clowns or chromis which school
 
Any type of assessor or possum wrasse.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new