What's the best skimmer

You can take your pick all have pros and cons also how os your budget? Skikz DelTec, nyos, reef octopus those are the all very good. Price wise I would say reef octopus is the best bang for you buck.if space is a factor I think all the brands mention make space saver modles.
 
Eshopps has a great small footprint and can squeeze into small sumps. I really like my S120, consistent and great quailty.
20180105_114227.jpg
 
I have 60 gallon tank that needs a skimmer but it does not have a lot of room for one. We were looking into a reef octopus skimmer. What do you recomend?

Octo 110ss Or 150ss all day. I love my 110 perfect for my 45 gallon. Super compact and that with my vios2 I have literally no noise on my tank. Strongly recommend
IMG_2905.JPG
 
Really I don't think you can go wrong with any of the main brands. I'm running a eshops on my 75 gallon and a skimz on my 180 gallon both work great. The skimz is definitely quieter tho
 
For a 60 gal I’d get the RO eSsence. The price and footprint and good. I have one on my 90, recently upgraded to a bm curve 7 elite, but the eSsence would do amazing on a smaller set up.

I DO NOT recommend dc skimmers unless your running a big system and it’s a super high quality pump like an abyzz.
 
I had a Euro Reef RC80 aka INS80 it had chocolate milk thick with chunks for skimmate on a 55 gallon tank. I would not over skim there are too many great skimmers for this size tank.
 
I could get a bigger one if it was outside the sump and I got rid of this but I would prefer not to.
 
I need one to make my sump stink less. Seriously you'd think something died in there.

I've ran both with skimmers and currently running without a skimmer and I've never had an off smell in my tank. At most I get that nice ocean smell when I pull out some cheato. How long has it smelled bad? Are you having any other problems? Dinoflagellates?
 
MombasaLionfish One problem is that you are going to get all kinds of strings of algae clogging up your skimmer impeller. Can you put a HOB skimmer on DT?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new