What's the coolest thing you do with your controller?

skydancer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sprinklers are from Home Depot. The Deltec skimmer already had the 1/4 inch line coming into the cup. I added the two float sensors (one is back up) in case the cup overfills.

haninja

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very informative and innovative thread. I'm trying to get my controller to make me coffee when I wake up...

ThePriceSeliger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh gosh, what doesn't my Apex do? I have not lifted a bucket it two years. I think my favorite thing is non-reef related. I bypassed a line that refills one of my RODI containers, and I use a float switch to monitor the water in my cat's bowl. Makes me feel better leaving town knowing that even she'll be taken care of temporarily.

CuseReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Apex on a UPS and it senses when the power goes off then runs a limited pump schedule (on for 5 mins, off for 15 mins) to extend UPS life. Also I turn on a bubbler on the same schedule to add extra oxygen.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing i haven't seen posted yet.

I have a float sensor inside my water proof cabinent along with a self priming emergency sunk pump. 3 leak sensors, one inside the cabinent and 2 outside. When the first leack detector inside the cabinent detects water it shuts down anything that could be leaking in there (reactors, ATO and main pumps), at that time the circ pumps inside the tank go into emergency mode. When the float sensor starts to rise it turns on the sunk pump and automatically pumps any accumulating water out of the stand and into the sewage drain. Of course this would also trigger a series of texts and emails and alarms.

I can't decide if i want to go down the auto water change route. I do 40 gallons all at once every couple weeks which removes a few % more nitrates than you get when you continuously change small amounts.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an automation thing but I am keeping a detailed tank log in fusion. it lets me plot my calc and alc and take notes in the same place.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the Dos this automates fully with your input values.

ReefZ1lla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have a BOB and bought some float switches off amazon. I was wondering if I can wire more than four things to the BOB? Can u double up the wiring ?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back