What's the Difference Between these two Danoplus meters

William Sharkspeare

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2026
Messages
84
Reaction score
107
Location
a tropic sea
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One

Two

They are both sold by DP-Global but have slightly different prices and images. The only difference I can find is at the very bottom. Date first available. One is April 12, 2025 and the other is May 8, 2024.

I'm assuming one is the newer, green dot version?

Anyone purchase one recently?

Thanks
 
I just bought the first one you posted, which came with the green dot on the front of the box. The second you posted, I'm assuming has the green dot on the side of the box which is the "gen 2" I guess you can say.
 
Wait they both have green dots?

Regardless, I already planned on returning it once I used it. I'll get both and see what shows up. For science.
 
Also interesting that you think you you have the gen 1 version but that is listed on amazon as being first available in April 2025 whereas the other one is listed as being first available in May of 2024.
 
That works too! From what I understand there are 3 types: no dot, green dot on the side, green dot on the front

Logan with Reef Rookies made a video on it recently:
 
Also interesting that you think you you have the gen 1 version but that is listed on amazon as being first available in April 2025 whereas the other one is listed as being first available in May of 2024.
Oh sorry, I meant it more as having the latest gen 3 version
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new