Whats the fastest growing encrusting coral you have ?

Young Frankenstein

I sniff ozone and relax.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please explain what was the fastest growing encrusting coral you have ? ex encrusting montipora etc.

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sunset montipora......be careful because its a fast grower and packs a walup....able to encrust over other acropora,zoa etc.

OP
OP
Young Frankenstein

Young Frankenstein

I sniff ozone and relax.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sunset montipora......be careful because its a fast grower and packs a walup....able to encrust over other acropora,zoa etc.
Thanks derryl, this one ?
[video=youtube;xKJe7OZ5pbI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKJe7OZ5pbI[/video]

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine would have to be my meteor shower cyphastrea's. I have two different types. They have covered the frag plug completely and spread onto the rock in a few months.

a6934898-f593-ad48.jpg

chris13115

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green Lantern Encrusted Montipora is the one that is the fastest where i work, it is beautiful

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
+1 on meteor shower cyphastrea. Grows like a weed. And don't you know it, by the time you have a ton of frags, no one wants it! grrrr....

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My superman monti grows crazy fast. The polyp extension on it is crazy it looks totally redish orange can't see any of the blue underneath. I'm not complaining I love that coral. When I first started keeping reef tanks it was the one coral that I told myself I had to have when I could keep sps.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple Haze monti or rainbow monti for me. Followed very closely by the meteor shower....

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want sunset monti!! I have been looking for a piece for a while. There isn't any around here.

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the encrusting montis win hands down. I'd also like to give a nod to the Idaho Grape monti cap for another species that seems to grow annoyingly fast though. I had one that I had to battle constantly to keep from shading out a good portion of the tank below it. And as even the tiniest frag left would soon regenerate into plates of gigantic proportions, I eventually had to remove the entire rock.

landlord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it's not the monti but where it is in the tank. Looking at the tank the front right corner always grows em the fastest. I had a sunset their until a crash that grew massive and now a rainbow is there doing the same.

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green Star Polyps..........I know many might not think of this as an encrusting coral but it is by far the fastest growing weed I ever saw.......Pulsing Zenia.

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me its my orange monti digi. I bought the thing because it was a branching monti and low and behold It encrust like crazy. On top of that I make matter worse as that coral seems to be a magnet for accidental fragging and pretty much every vertical arm it grows gets snapped in short order.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 5.3%
Back