What's the latest and greatest things you've done with your tank today?

dustinw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Share what's new with your tank. New fish, corals, problems ect.

My tank is going great, I just added a sailfin tang and he is getting along with everyone.

Barryrey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just today got one of the Flipper Nano scrapers. This thing works great especially cleaning the glass at the sand bed line. Had one of the Tunze Care Magnets, it has a stronger magnet but I had trouble cleaning down low. One of my problems is that I went with the Caribsea Hawaiian black sand which is a bit magnetic and would get up into the Tunze scraper.

OP
OP
D

dustinw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I do now. I had mine on all the time for a while but it seemed like it caused alge. But when I changes the cycle it worked out fine.

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled about a pound, literally, of caulerpa out of my refugium and discarded it. The small surface skimmer I have in the fuge sometimes injects micro bubbles, which caused a significant portion of the macro to float, and block light. It did wonders for my cyano problem, but had to go. If you don't harvest it, you're not really exporting anything I guess. I also added my first chalice ever last weekend, and some red hornets I found.
redhornets.jpg
SuperChalice.jpg

OP
OP
D

dustinw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bubble gum chalice and it's doing good but I have a hard time keeping them. Not sure why though.

wrfreeman

Wade
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a big water change this weekend and changed from GFO to ROWAphos. I'm hoping that makes a difference in my recent algae bloom. No other changes to note.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Vertex Skimmer with Ozone Injection port, Neptune Leak Detection Module and sensor (because of recent flood) + 1 more EB8 and VDM for my Apex. Small-ish 3" Hippo Tang for my Frag Tank to help with algae maintenance. Pulled the trigger on buying some 3/4" cell-cast acrylic to build new larger volume tank with 'Ghost' style overflow instead of corner boxes.

Cheers, Todd

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaned the skimmer...cleaned the hoses going from the bio-pellet reacter too the skimmer...and enjoyed looking at the reef for a while....its good to be up and about...the whole family here has been sick with this stuff going around...first day in weeks felt like doing anything...:tongue:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Added a couple new fish and a reactor with GFO!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back