Whats up with this SPS Frag?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ps2cho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ps2cho

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
881
Reaction score
270
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I transferred all my SPS from my old 60G into the new 40 breeder...

1.025
8.4 dkH
410 Ca
1300 Mg

0.00 NO3
0.04 PO4

I KNOW my NO3 is an issue and I started dosing KNO3 as we speak, but I wanted to ask, does this SPS look like its ticked off because of the zero nitrates, or could it be something else? It still has polyps, although they aren't all open.

What do you guys more experienced think?

7.jpg


Here is what it looked like a year ago (dont have a more recent pic..)

This coral has been through the WORST...Almost died, then recovered and grew over the skeleton (as you can see in the photo)..grew bigger than before, now gone from totally green to totally purple/red)

oldpic1.jpg
 
Last edited:
I transferred all my SPS from my old 60G into the new 40 breeder...

1.025
8.4 dkH
410 Ca
1300 Mg

0.00 NO3
0.04 PO4

I KNOW my NO3 is an issue and I started dosing KNO3 as we speak, but I wanted to ask, does this SPS look like its ****** off because of the zero nitrates, or could it be something else? It still has polyps, although they aren't all open.

What do you guys more experienced think?

7.jpg


Here is what it looked like a year ago (dont have a more recent pic..)

This coral has been through the WORST...Almost died, then recovered and grew over the skeleton (as you can see in the photo)..grew bigger than before, now gone from totally green to totally purple/red)

oldpic1.jpg

loss of greens = no nitrate
specifically from green to brown/violet
bump it to 3-5ppm and wait a week or so.

i have corals that do the very same
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new