Whats wrong with my cleaner shrimp ?

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a skunk Cleaner ship a few hours ago, it's about 2 inches or so, it decided to look around the tank and I seen a rather big bump on its left side close to its belly. Is it got a disease?

Can't upload a photo for some reason

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Picture would help us to help assess and determine what you have. Assure its a clear pic and not heavy in blue lighting

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As above a clear pic under whites will help, there is a parasite that they can carry.
Still not working dang. Yeah I read that. It looks pinkish the same as the belly and takes up almost the full left side. He looks perfectly happy and is eating already and even introducing himself to the fish lol.

If it's the paracites will it kill my fish? Or just the shrimp or will it keep the shrimp alive, I know I've only just bought him but pretty attached to him already lol great personality. The Sac looks almost transparent and has tiny blackish dots in it

Could be an egg sac? Idk tbh just want him to live

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed the shrimp a lot. Typically the parasites are shed when the shrimp molts. You can help it along by copious feeding.

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed the shrimp a lot. Typically the parasites are shed when the shrimp molts. You can help it along by copious feeding.
Okay, so I should just leave him in? He's still very small so will probably shed alot. The sack is huge

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, there’s really no way to treat a shrimp. Is what your seeing under the tail? They very frequently carry egg sacs too but they’re under the tail, not the sides.

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, there’s really no way to treat a shrimp. Is what your seeing under the tail? They very frequently carry egg sacs too but they’re under the tail, not the sides.
No nothing under the tail. I'll just see what happens if it starts to affect him I will remove him. Just orderd hundreds worth of corals and a new fish would be anoyed if it crash the tank.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not working dang. Yeah I read that. It looks pinkish the same as the belly and takes up almost the full left side. He looks perfectly happy and is eating already and even introducing himself to the fish lol.

If it's the paracites will it kill my fish? Or just the shrimp or will it keep the shrimp alive, I know I've only just bought him but pretty attached to him already lol great personality. The Sac looks almost transparent and has tiny blackish dots in it

Could be an egg sac? Idk tbh just want him to live

Don't panic, get us a pic when you can, what device are you using, someone might be able to help?

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't my shrimp but the exact same thing.

Screenshot_20200920-180647.png

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't panic, get us a pic when you can, what device are you using, someone might be able to help?
Just an update, I have returned the shrimp to the shop and they happily gave me a new one. Turned out to be a paracite that would have killed the shrimp in a matter of days or weeks. They are going to remove the paracites and put him in a display tank.

Best shop I've been to that treats thair livestock with priority of thair health rather than thair profit. Love it

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back