What's wrong with my hammer?

avocadoman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
81
Reaction score
38
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two of my 3 hammers seem to be losing polyps. Are they sick? Is this a disease, or maybe my little emerald crab, or something else?

Parameters:
pH 8
Alk 8.5
Ca 425
Nitrate 0.3 (was 0 for possibly up to a week, I added some nitrates after I saw that)
Phos .06
Mg 1300

I maintain levels with All For Reef and everything besides nitrate and phos have been very stable for months.

PXL_20240930_214919569.jpg
 
My euphyllia like nitrates above 3ppm. We dose ammonia.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new