What's wrong with Nemo?

Coinzmans Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One week ago Nemo my OG clown stopped eating, what could be wrong? Nothing new in tank all params the same, no other fish show signs of problems only my four year old clown. I have thrown every food at him with feeding tube and nothing. Ran carbon just for good measure. He looks fine no color loss but he is not leaving the Nem for food. His breathing looks slightly faster than normal.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
One week ago Nemo my OG clown stopped eating, what could be wrong? Nothing new in tank all params the same, no other fish show signs of problems only my four year old clown. I have thrown every food at him with feeding tube and nothing. Ran carbon just for good measure. He looks fine no color loss but he is not leaving the Nem for food. His breathing looks slightly faster than normal.
Please provides pics under white lighting and even a video of at least 30 seconds for best assessment.

OP
OP
Coinzmans Reef

Coinzmans Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp-78
PH - 8.3
Alk- 8.41
Cal - 460
Mag - 321
salt - 34.7
Nitrates 1.5
phos - .05
Orp - 341
ICP - readings are good from last month

Really nothing in my tank has changed other than I have been taking out the sand from the DT and adding it in the sump.

OP
OP
Coinzmans Reef

Coinzmans Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG

OP
OP
Coinzmans Reef

Coinzmans Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Jan 2021 I jumped back in after a decade +/- with my current 525 XXL. Nemo was one of the first with five other fish added over the next few months. I miss diagnosed Velvet for Ich and lost everyone except Nemo including Nemo's mate. Nemo's mate never entered the Nem he was larger than Nemo and let her have the Nem to herself. I always wondered if this is why she lived. Nemo has become the mascot of the DT and we will be at a loss without our OG.

Treating fish is not what I do, always feel I do more harm than good. Normally I let things play out without my intervention but feel like I should at least give this a try.

Mavsaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! The nem probably did help the fish and keep rhe parasites away. So sorry for the other fish loss :( it really hurts especially when its a chain reaction!

When I lost one of the clowns, the other became depressed for sure. When i got another one after 3 weeks, he was circling the bag when I was acclimating. Nemo will definitely need a partner soon and hopefully they can both live in the nem!

OP
OP
Coinzmans Reef

Coinzmans Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if the Nem doesn't protect Ne
I don’t think

I don’t think this is true.
Well if nothing else the Nem was moral support while Nemo was convalescing, Nemo never left the Nem for 12 days until he was ready to eat, now he is back to swimming the tank for food.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 56 44.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 59 46.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back