Whats your biggest SPS colony?

Mystery Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA mint chip pavona, about the size of a football now. Really needs a trimming.

I trimmed 99% of my coral about 4 months ago when I had to tear the tank down to have new floor put in.

Threw away about 40 heads of frogspawn, a huge chunk of green slimer(what some would call a mini colony lol), huge chunk of BC shades of fall, etc, etc.

I think I may have thrown away several hundred dollars in corals, but the closest LFS is a 3 hour drive one way, and I know no one near me that reefs.
Oh man! If it happens again I’ll gladly pay for shipping and materials if you want to mail some out!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only been keeping sps for about a year now, so mine is fairly small compared to everyone else's. Mine is also just a fast growing birdsnest at about 10 inches wide instead of some beautiful acro colony.
20211013_191017.jpg

Please ignore the dirty glass, my magnetic scrapper no longer fits between the birdsnest and the glass.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only been keeping sps for about a year now, so mine is fairly small compared to everyone else's. Mine is also just a fast growing birdsnest at about 10 inches wide instead of some beautiful acro colony.
20211013_191017.jpg

Please ignore the dirty glass, my magnetic scrapper no longer fits between the birdsnest and the glass.
Time to start trimming that baby! I have the trim mine about every month, it gets so unruly.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20211013_191017.jpg

Time to start trimming that baby! I have the trim mine about every month, it gets so unruly.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I'm about to. I'm just not sure what to do with the trimmings. I hate to throw them away but I don't know what else to do with them. I may offer them free to good home to anyone local, but there aren't very many reefers around where I live. Plus it's a cheap coral that grows fast so I doubt there will be much interest.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back