Whats your biggest SPS colony?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TK_KW
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
ORA mint chip pavona, about the size of a football now. Really needs a trimming.

I trimmed 99% of my coral about 4 months ago when I had to tear the tank down to have new floor put in.

Threw away about 40 heads of frogspawn, a huge chunk of green slimer(what some would call a mini colony lol), huge chunk of BC shades of fall, etc, etc.

I think I may have thrown away several hundred dollars in corals, but the closest LFS is a 3 hour drive one way, and I know no one near me that reefs.
Oh man! If it happens again I’ll gladly pay for shipping and materials if you want to mail some out!
 
I've only been keeping sps for about a year now, so mine is fairly small compared to everyone else's. Mine is also just a fast growing birdsnest at about 10 inches wide instead of some beautiful acro colony.
20211013_191017.jpg

Please ignore the dirty glass, my magnetic scrapper no longer fits between the birdsnest and the glass.
 
I've only been keeping sps for about a year now, so mine is fairly small compared to everyone else's. Mine is also just a fast growing birdsnest at about 10 inches wide instead of some beautiful acro colony.
20211013_191017.jpg

Please ignore the dirty glass, my magnetic scrapper no longer fits between the birdsnest and the glass.
Time to start trimming that baby! I have the trim mine about every month, it gets so unruly.
 
I've only been keeping sps for about a year now, so mine is fairly small compared to everyone else's. Mine is also just a fast growing birdsnest at about 10 inches wide instead of some beautiful acro colony.
20211013_191017.jpg

Please ignore the dirty glass, my magnetic scrapper no longer fits between the birdsnest and the glass.
Time to start trimming that baby! I have the trim mine about every month, it gets so unruly.
 
Time to start trimming that baby! I have the trim mine about every month, it gets so unruly.
Yep I'm about to. I'm just not sure what to do with the trimmings. I hate to throw them away but I don't know what else to do with them. I may offer them free to good home to anyone local, but there aren't very many reefers around where I live. Plus it's a cheap coral that grows fast so I doubt there will be much interest.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new