What's Your Dream Invert?

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've seen dream fish forums but don't think I've seen a dream invert forum yet...what's your favorite invert you either do or don't have yet regardless of difficulty? It could be anything from lace corals to blueberry gorgs to Crinoids (feather stars)... personally I'd like a blueberry gorgonian but they're pretty difficult to care for and with my current tanks I don't think I could provide for it's needs. What about you guys?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For whatever reason when I read the title I was thinking mobile inverts......so I will go with Harlequin shrimp. I just don't have the patience (or desire) to feed them.

Garpgarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to experiment with sea slugs in the future, Berghia being an obvious place to start. Sacoglossans and other known herbivores, and predators of other potentially sustainable food items like those Blue Velvet guys being next in line. Won't find me trying to culture sponges as food though.

Edit: actually I wonder if you could feed excess of the easier slugs to any of the "cannibalistic" nudis, or if their diets aren't convenient enough to include attainable species.

Last edited:

dcsorrell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If only feather stars were small and easy to keep...
national geographic GIF by Nat Geo Wild

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dream invert is Nautilus pompilius (a bit cheating here, as I like both subspecies; “pompilius” - the largest nautilus - and “suluensis” - the smallest nautilus). I would love to try my hand at breeding them in a specially designed tank some day, but (given that they’re currently CITES restricted with no end to those restrictions in sight) that day may be a very long ways off.

Some runners up are Tonna galea (the Giant Tun Snail - massive snail, predator of sea cucumbers, leaves a luminescent trail behind it as it travels), and (the most reasonable on my list here) Tridacna gigas.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say a dream of mine is to own a starfish that’s captive bred and does well in an aquarium, since most don’t right now.
I'm currently experimenting and working on finding a way to make your dream possible brother! Believe me, I love em too. Otherwise I wouldn't have so much time and effort invested in my study of them.

tigre44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feather star. I think they are still on the list of animals that don’t live long

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small magnifica anemone with a bright red foot, purple tentacles, and green/yellow tips. The one I have now is really nice, but just purple with light tips. I just want one that's wildly colorful. I've seen some with red feet. Maybe I can get my hands on one one day.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back