What's your favorite small fish for a reef?

Leo_ian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on the Royal Gramma team here... had one for a number of years , a little less expensive than a Dottyback , especially colourful, but watch it if you have clowns. This fish has serious spunk for it's size imo. Could be a battle.....
Royals are 5 times more expensive than dottybacks in my area-

EakTheFreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you purchase captive bred, and have the tank established how about the Madarin Goby! Definitely not a beginner fish but mine is fat & happy in my 131 gallon Waterbox!

reefbeard

Bearded Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tailspot Blenny and Court Jester Goby. Both of these guys love picking at algae.
inbound6155851351982610312.jpg
inbound2544669786840421508.jpg

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown gobies are highly underrated as well. You can add multiple if they are different colors (e.g. green/warpaint and yellow), but beware if adding multiple of the same color!

I've had my green for 9 years now. His name is Gobias (pronounced similar to "Tobias"). The clown gobies often associate with corals.

Phone 374.jpg
I have one, wonderful fish. Also have a yellow clown goby that will mix it up with the bigger fish at feeding time.

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My starkii is a pretty cool little fish, but my striped blenny is easily - and I mean hands down, the most personable, fun, peaceful little fish I've ever owned.

MorayEelMark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in adding a new fish and I prefer fish on the smaller side so i thought I'd see what your guy's favorites are.
Mandarin Dragonet, Royal gramma, jawfish, Goby/Red Banded Pistol Shirmp combo, or a small group of shrimpfish. It's too hard to pick one for a favorite.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back