What's your favorite type of coral in 2022? YOU MUST PICK ONE!

What's your favorite type of coral in 2022?

• SPS

Votes: 118 41.5%
  • LPS

Votes: 99 34.9%
  • Zoanthids

Votes: 24 8.5%
  • Soft Corals

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • Mushrooms

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Gorgonians

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently on an sps kick, specifically millepora. I love the pics of the rainbow tenuis, but I know those only exist in blue lights and photoshop. With millepora, I'm focusing on corals that pop from across the room. From the super orange milleporas to the deep reds and greens, they're the ones that will make or break a tank. Throw in the special ones too, but you need the stark contrasts of deep single color or bicolor corals. They're the ones that bring you in. To the trained hobbyist, an acro with 5 colors may interest you, but to the everyday "Is that rock a coral?" guy, these are the eye catchers.

Aquaman11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPS for the challenge but there have been times over the last three years when I questioned that choice. Fortunately, when things are going well as they are now, it's worth it.

StewL6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While i love 91.2 % of all corals i will always love my Acans Lords. I am working on getting the largest fluffiest polyps, with the brightest colors i am always looking to improve them. I am also working on getting the flow just right in the acan garden. Sometimes when all the stars align and everything is just right the acans get really happy and even the most common acans shine last night was one of those nights i saw colors that i have not seen before they were glowing. I voted LPS

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While i love 91.2 % of all corals i will always love my Acans Lords. I am working on getting the largest fluffiest polyps, with the brightest colors i am always looking to improve them. I am also working on getting the flow just right in the acan garden. Sometimes when all the stars align and everything is just right the acans get really happy and even the most common acans shine last night was one of those nights i saw colors that i have not seen before they were glowing. I voted LPS
Micro lords are amazing! I love my garden of them almost as much as I love my acros. Nice to put in the lower parts of the tank that don't get as much light. My orange frag is steadily recovering after surviving 40 degree water in the old tank for 3 days after a power outage.

received_508995363891065.jpeg
received_725061888461280.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LPS, SPS, Gorg’s, Softies/Zoa’s are all nice but can we just admire the regular mushrooms you see more often? I love my new growing mushroom garden!
Currently lights are off so everyone’s closed up (Will grab photos with lights on tomorrow).
Let’s go from newest to oldest!

My newest (Only introduced today) Green Rhodactis Mushroom.
image.jpg

A few months back I took a nice baby Blue Discosoma Mushroom out of my 4’ tank with my nice colony of blues growing and it started to fuel the obsession haha.
image.jpg

A nice big rock of Ricordea Yuma. I love this coral however it really can be a weed, I have two rocks now, one in my 4’ tank where they’re all bubbled up and stunning and in the nano tank where they’re basically regular Yuma mushrooms.
image.jpg

And finally, my oldest mushroom in my nano tank, my Ricordea Florida. I added this in back in May I think and have no regrets. It’s colouration is beautiful and makes me really want to add to my mushroom garden.
image.jpg

Now just needing help to find out what colours I’m missing, I have:
- Orange
- Green
- Blue/Purple
- Yellow/Green

What is the final few colours I need to complete the mushroom garden?

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was evil to only allow one choice! I voted LPS, because I must say, my elegance coral is by far one of the most beautiful things in my tank. :) I do also have an unhealthy mushroom obsession though. Lol!

Attachments

• 20220406_132703_01.mp4
    8.2 MB
Back