What's Your Favorite.....

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's the corals...I mean the fish...I mean the corals...I mean the fish...I mean...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Simple statement- Having a piece of the ocean in my home

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part- Developing a personal, intimate connection with my favorite part of nature unmatched by anything else. Fulfilling a childhood dream to have a tank of my own. Being able to see my favorite fish swim, grow, interact, being able to have lot style of beautiful corals almost like creating a work of art but with cherished animals. And of course being part of such a great community always adds to the joy, especially one that’s already supported me so much,

My least favorite part- The darn coronavirus that’s made me trapped abroad and unable to go home and start my tank. Politicians trying to end this hobby due to lobbying from degenerate animal rights groups who probably know crap about the animals they’re trying to save. The fact that there are countries which legalize addictive drugs but criminalize fish meds (I’m looking at you, good old Canada). Now that I’ve learned so much about this hobby, I can’t help but die inside when I see people who put fish in systems where they don’t belong.

Some people in my home country (China), usually wealthy business owners AKA legalized mobsters, think having fish in their office will being good luck. Superstitious twats. They get greedy LFS to help them set up saltwater tanks, but they’re not hobbyists themselves. Not at all. One pic I saw had 2 Blue Tangs along with a Six-Line Wrasse or two as among the FIRST fish in a 4’ tank. I wanted to punch that sucker and the LFS helping him. Another tank I saw in somebody’s office had 10 angelfish in a 90 cube, including a Bandit Angel.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back