What's your "I've done it!" coral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kkgaskin90
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kkgaskin90

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2013
Messages
740
Reaction score
117
Location
Mobile, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What coral is the one (if any) that once you get to survive you think you're doing pretty well?
 
I'd have to say it's whatever my latest acquisition is at the time... right now it's the smallest of small frags of Rommels Rainbow Milli and Jason Fox Tangerine Dreams chalice :)!
 
Remember back in the day when you were a god if you could keep an elegance coral alive? Haha.
 
I have always had a hard time getting Oregon tort to grow into a large colony. For some reason it does well then dies. I just bought another frag that is looking awesome. I am hoping for the best as I can grow most frags out into nice colonies.
 
Remember back in the day when you were a god if you could keep an elegance coral alive? Haha.

I remember back when elegance corals were among the easiest in the hobby...
 
The one that just didn't want to live for me was A. hoeksemai, my thrird frag was a charm I guess. I'm also particularly proud that I have many species of goniopora that are thriving and have been for years, and in an SPS dominated tank to boot.
 
I remember back when elegance corals were among the easiest in the hobby...

Are they back to being keepable again? I know they all carried the plague and practically melted after a week for a few years. I haven't even seen one in quite a while. Or are they call coming out of Australia now?
 
I was really proud of myself several months ago when i bought a RTN acro(i did not notice at first) and i cut it, glued it, and it has come back and is now steadily growing. That was a big deal for me :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new