What's your method for attaching corals to your rock work?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found in my short reefing experience, if I only use glue - my coral will inevitably get knocked off by one of my asterea snails. It's happened at least 4 times already. I've switched to using glue > epoxy > glue. This provides bear indestructible stability and stickiness. Not had a problem since.
I think this method is the most secure and the one I use most. However, my biggest complaint that if you lose the coral, you have this big ugly patch of epoxy that corraline won’t grow over

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still in the very early stages of reefing, only a few months in. I decided to drill several 10mm holes all over my scape. Now I super glue frag plugs to any new corals, and move them around at will, both for the corals benefit and aesthetics.
The plugs are a fairly tight fit.
I wish I had done this with my rockwork when I first put it in. Good job thinking ahead.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still in the very early stages of reefing, only a few months in. I decided to drill several 10mm holes all over my scape. Now I super glue frag plugs to any new corals, and move them around at will, both for the corals benefit and aesthetics.
I was thinking on my next scape to pre drill all the key spots I wanted frags.

then it’s super easy to slip them in; you don’t even need glue then technically.

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the longest I just superglued all my corals down but now I’m looking at getting an urchins I’ve started to glue/epoxy sandwich
This just made me realize that I haven't seen my urchin since I added it to the tank on Thursday. :oops:

Last edited:

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good success with a Gorilla Glue gel bubble and find that the coral grows over it quickly. I've also been lucky enough to have received some corals that detached from their plugs during shipping that attached themselves to my rockwork without my having to use anything.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was a smart move

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blob of super glue gel on frag bottom. Push onto the Rock while doing a very slight back and forth twist. Hold for about 30 seconds and it isn’t going anywhere. If your rock is “dirty” you can pre treat the area with epoxy the day before (thin layer and mash it into the rock so the glue has a clean place to grab)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back