Whats your recommendation for pH pen with temperature compensation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TehBrainz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TehBrainz

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Messages
725
Reaction score
523
Location
Baltimore, MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a reliable (but not top of the line) pH pen with temp compensation.

I have a vivosun 3 in 1 pH/temp/TDS that's a piece of junk. The temp is pretty far off and even after calibration, it doesn't seem to hold.

What are you using or have heard has good reviews?
 
I'm looking for a reliable (but not top of the line) pH pen with temp compensation.

I have a vivosun 3 in 1 pH/temp/TDS that's a piece of junk. The temp is pretty far off and even after calibration, it doesn't seem to hold.

What are you using or have heard has good reviews?
I have an oakton pen that measures temp PH and TDS i use for my tank and RO.

Its extremely accurate and easily calibratable but i believe its discontinued.

The replacement tester has a salinity option though which is a plus.

I have the one on the right. The PTtestr35.
The new version is on the left and i think they sell them on amazon too.

https://www.coleparmer.com/compare/3563435,3542505
 
I just looked at the specs and it seems the salinity scale only goes up to 10PPT
The Simpsons Boo GIF
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new