What's your slowest grower?

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably my frogspawn to be honest. Had it 6 months and is the same 2 headed frogspawn I started with

edit: Nope it's my trumpet coral actually lol. Forgot it's even a coral since it hasn't changed in 2 years lol
That's odd, mine started as a 2 headed frag 2 years ago and now has too many to count!

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two frags of WWC After Party placed on different areas of the tank haven’t shown any signs for growth and PE for almost a year!
any recommendation !? thanks.
No PE for a year? No growth, that’s understandable, no PE, that’s strange. You must have something nipping at them or irritating them causing the loss of PE. That would be my guess

coral408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s strange, indeed! I don’t see any fish or snails are culprits. I wonder if my lighting or currents may cause lacking of PE. They’re in around 200 par range on a high flow.

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s strange, indeed! I don’t see any fish or snails are culprits. I wonder if my lighting or currents may cause lacking of PE. They’re in around 200 par range on a high flow.
Strange. No angelfish? That’s pretty average par, and high flow (as long as it’s not direct high flow) shouldn’t cause that.

coral408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the photo. The tissue seems pale even mounted high ~ 260 par at peak.

Attachments

• 54376A72-8C55-40A1-AFC4-5DAF11AB72A4.png
    54376A72-8C55-40A1-AFC4-5DAF11AB72A4.png
    626.9 KB · Views: 35

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ARC Fireworks. A year plus in and it’s just sitting there.

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few that are SUPER slow growing. I assume after they have encrusted a bit more maybe they'll start to grow outward.
- Pikachu
- PC Superman (took about 6 months to do anything but encrust... finally starting to grow branches after 9 months)
- 20K Lokani has to be the absolute slowest and I've heard the same from others
- blueberry shortcake (ONLY encrusting after nearly two years... may have to try chopping off a couple branches to see what happens)
- I have a raspberry limeade that didn't do anything (a bit of encrusting) for about 10 months and then started to grow a branch. Now it seems to be growing rather quickly in the past month.

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a few. Paletta Pink Tip is incrusting like a monti but now nubs or branches. WWC Christmas Miribilis barely encrusting. Walt Disney is barely encrusting. I’ve got a bunch but I’ve also got a bunch that are taking off. It’s pretty random for sure.

Greg Hiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone gave me a small frag of some Acropora sp. they called pink lemonade? I swear the thing has not changed significantly in size in 5 years.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back