What's your slowest grower?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crashnt24
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Probably my frogspawn to be honest. Had it 6 months and is the same 2 headed frogspawn I started with

edit: Nope it's my trumpet coral actually lol. Forgot it's even a coral since it hasn't changed in 2 years lol
That's odd, mine started as a 2 headed frag 2 years ago and now has too many to count!
 
Blue Matrix from BC. It’s been a 1/4” for two years with no encrusting. It looks like it was mounted last week.
 
Two frags of WWC After Party placed on different areas of the tank haven’t shown any signs for growth and PE for almost a year!
any recommendation !? thanks.
No PE for a year? No growth, that’s understandable, no PE, that’s strange. You must have something nipping at them or irritating them causing the loss of PE. That would be my guess
 
It’s strange, indeed! I don’t see any fish or snails are culprits. I wonder if my lighting or currents may cause lacking of PE. They’re in around 200 par range on a high flow.
 
It’s strange, indeed! I don’t see any fish or snails are culprits. I wonder if my lighting or currents may cause lacking of PE. They’re in around 200 par range on a high flow.
Strange. No angelfish? That’s pretty average par, and high flow (as long as it’s not direct high flow) shouldn’t cause that.
 
Here is the photo. The tissue seems pale even mounted high ~ 260 par at peak.
 

Attachments

  • 54376A72-8C55-40A1-AFC4-5DAF11AB72A4.png
    54376A72-8C55-40A1-AFC4-5DAF11AB72A4.png
    626.9 KB · Views: 87
ARC Fireworks. A year plus in and it’s just sitting there.
 
I have a few that are SUPER slow growing. I assume after they have encrusted a bit more maybe they'll start to grow outward.
- Pikachu
- PC Superman (took about 6 months to do anything but encrust... finally starting to grow branches after 9 months)
- 20K Lokani has to be the absolute slowest and I've heard the same from others
- blueberry shortcake (ONLY encrusting after nearly two years... may have to try chopping off a couple branches to see what happens)
- I have a raspberry limeade that didn't do anything (a bit of encrusting) for about 10 months and then started to grow a branch. Now it seems to be growing rather quickly in the past month.
 
I’ve got a few. Paletta Pink Tip is incrusting like a monti but now nubs or branches. WWC Christmas Miribilis barely encrusting. Walt Disney is barely encrusting. I’ve got a bunch but I’ve also got a bunch that are taking off. It’s pretty random for sure.
 
JF Homewrecker for me. Seems like a weed for most people but not me. Looks nice, just doesn’t grow.
 
Someone gave me a small frag of some Acropora sp. they called pink lemonade? I swear the thing has not changed significantly in size in 5 years.
 
Someone gave me a small frag of some Acropora sp. they called pink lemonade? I swear the thing has not changed significantly in size in 5 years.
How about that Aqua Delight, though? :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new