what's your theme for your tank?

what's your real passion that got you into keeping a reef tank? and why?
Diving. I wanted to replicate the things I saw under the sea as its the most calming and sublime environment to be in.

The corals I love to keep are colored sticks and flowy corals :D
 
I struggled with this for a long time -- I used to just buy anything that I thought was interesting or colorful. But then I was always worried about territory wars (my aquarium is only 30G), and it didn't look very cohesive.

I switched to about 90% Ricordea looking for all types of morphs, and suddenly I actually like the way my tank looks. It still is so hard to resist new things though. I guess a second aquarium might be in order.

To me, this is the hard part -- a tank with a few large corals looks more realistic than the barage of everything imaginable, but the temptation to buy more types is just too strong....
 
My theme is empty wallet... The tank is not done till the wallet is empty!!!

Why do I get the feeling this is going to be a quick build?
 
I'm going for a grassy flat with a few zoas and gsp. A biotope for my N. Wennerae
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new