What's your VERY NEXT planned purchase for your Reef?

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New, tank stand and sump being delivered tomorrow. Tank 36x24x24 rimless.
Now I need to purchase lights without breaking the bank.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little order from IPSF, mainly macro algae/ clean up crew and miracle mud. Been battling Dino’s again (yay) so I’m trying to stop it early , excited for the sea cucumber !

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my SCA 90 gallon was delivered, sump was back ordered will be shipped this week.
Purchased 2 of the Reefi Unos for lighting should more than be enough to grow anything in a 36x24x24 display, I think could have done it with one on a mixed tank but wanted to keep shadowing down and be able to grow anything I may want.
Don't know if there is anyone with any complaints about Reefi lights. If they last and work well they should be good value. Two Unos should exceed any Radion XR30 in spread, par and without needing a diffuser or having glitches in the software. Dealing with Daniel is easy but still not well known brand and what happens to Reefi if something happens to Daniel, problem with all smaller private companies. I prefer to buy from smaller private companies when possible.
With Daniel's big tank he setup 10ft x 42 x 36 tall he has 10 Unos on it. It looks nice.
If you went with Radions xr30 you would still need at least 10 Radions, cost 3 times as much as going Reefi Uno.
When sump arrives the work begins.

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A jawbreaker shroom + a dragon soul torch. Both are on sale right now so I'm going to jump on that soon.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, it wasn't exactly a "planned" purchase.. but, over the last week, I have been seeing an increase in GHA in my tank. Since I prefer a natural remedy over chemical treatments, I headed off to the (not so) LFS in search of an herbivore.. I was hoping to find a nice tang, but no such luck. After considering a few options, I settled on a Klein Butterfly. He's a bit larger than I was hoping for, but since he will be moved into the new tank as soon as it is ready I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

While I was there I also picked up a chunk of rock that is just brimming with life! I will open a new thread with photos later to hopefully get some IDs...

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some plumbing parts for a new frag tank in the ol' basket as I type.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously, I am hoping its a bunch of wrasse's. Then the Tang gangster gang will come next.:cool::cool::cool:

don74136

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A glass top as soon as I can find one to fit my XL425 Reefer. I’m done with frames and mesh that eventually fall apart. Does anyone have any ideas about finding glass ones?

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potters Angel
Mandarin
Black cap basslet
Flame hawk

A little fearful of the Hawk as I'd like shrimp too. Had one years ago with no issues but all the experience here tells me their might be casualties
ZomboMeme 15102020170048.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back