When are fish going to be available again?

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just talked to the owner of my LFS and according to him prices have basically increased with a flat 10% across the board and availability is mostly the same (with some minor differences) at the wholesale level. I can’t see that continuing for to long if the situation doesn’t improve.
I’m in Sweden mind you so it might be different in the US.

catalystNfacade

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been out of the saltwater aquarium trade for a few years now. Currently working on a 16 gallon cube. Any recommendations on good places to find fish, inverts, and a decent clean up crew? Finding even a simple combination of things seems difficult at the moment.

jreece11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m seeing more fish coming into the LFS’s here in South Florida the last couple weeks.

My pandemic stocking strategy was buying the livestock of people exiting the hobby. I’ll keep the few fish I wanted and offload the rest and liverock at the LFS to help make up some of the cost. This strategy is labor intensive but resulted in some great healthy fish (and corals) when pickings were slim at the LFS.

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 tangs about 6 weeks ago from LA. I wanted a powder blue but at the time was having a hard time finding one. But have since read they are quite a bully so don’t think I will get one after all. My settled in large yellow tang bullied my new ones to the point I had to remove him for now.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Mayhem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been difficult in my area in Canada. My lfs also told me that some wholesalers are struggling with high mortality from Indonesian imports. Apparently COVID-19 has put a lot of economical pressure on collectors and more are getting desperate enough to use cyanide. Beware...

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 54 43.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back