When do I worry about my elegance coral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SOARnTACO
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SOARnTACO

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
85
Reaction score
25
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a elegance coral on Saturday. It in a shaded part of the tank. It kinda opened the first night since then it’s been closed up. After 3 full days.
When should I worry?
What should I do?
87d25c37578993dd615fa4b490861a90.jpg
 
Is any fish, shrimp, crab bothering it? Have you tried feeding near the elegance to see if you get any response? Are your parameters stable/good?

Unfortunately, the track record with elegance corals is pretty horrible lately
 
I feed near it last night. Not sure what to call it but a stringy slim came out just like my frog spawn.
Parameters are good. I think the fish are leaving it alone always hard to say. I have a fox face that pretty skidish and a angle let leaves all the other lps alone
 
Just nervous since it was $90 the most ambitious I got with a coral. I just seen if the frog spawns or hammer are doing good I should have good luck with a elegance. And my two anemones are thriving
 
I just took this after putting a little food close to it
b3a3f938196e771297032ff6cf47851a.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new