When is a fish too skinny?

3000kelvin

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
97
Reaction score
68
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it’s a silly question but I’m looking for warning signs for when a fish is too skinny. I added a Diamond Goby to my tank and from what I read online these fish are prone to being starved out. My fish is eating well at the moment but I’d like to know about warning signs or what to look for as far as weight is concerned. Will a fish get obviously skinny?
 
Maybe it’s a silly question but I’m looking for warning signs for when a fish is too skinny. I added a Diamond Goby to my tank and from what I read online these fish are prone to being starved out. My fish is eating well at the moment but I’d like to know about warning signs or what to look for as far as weight is concerned. Will a fish get obviously skinny?

Yes it will be obviously skinny, but unfortunately that’s usually too late to do anything. Better to watch if it’s eating or just in general if the stomach looks pinched. Take pictures for your reference.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new