When is a lot is snail eggs too much?

Goofball310

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2011
Messages
81
Reaction score
55
Location
Atlanta/Wilmington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 25 galllon AIO and I find new snail egg clusters 1-3x a week. I’m worried they happen so frequently that there could be adverse effects in a small system or am I worrying for no reason.

IMG_7547.jpeg
 
You're worrying for no reason. Those eggs become food for the fish most of the time. I always enjoy seeing snail eggs. But good question!
 
I have seen tanks with way more eggs than those, and nothing happens. I wouldn't stress over it!
 
Circling back to this again. I now have over a dozen different cluster of eggs, and more small (1mm) snails than I can count.

Can someone recommend a natural predator that could help with the population?

IMG_7690.jpeg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new