when is it time to remove cheato

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i set my refugium up about two days ago and i’m wondering if it’s time to remove cheato or not the first picture is day one and the second is now also how can i tell if the pods are breeding in it

C1111FAB-E04F-400E-8876-156709ED5D90.jpeg image.jpg

ZiBiReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will know you have a good pod population when you can look at your glass in the display and see a pod within a couple minutes of looking. Pods will do their thing if you have some. It just takes some time for the population to pop off

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will know you have a good pod population when you can look at your glass in the display and see a pod within a couple minutes of looking. Pods will do their thing if you have some. It just takes some time for the population to pop off
ok thanks for the help because i was wondering how i could tell if there was any

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why remove? You mean trim?
Properly set up the chaeto shouldnt strip your water.
Trim when it hinders water flow if its in a media basket or AIO chamber.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why remove? You mean trim?
Properly set up the chaeto shouldnt strip your water.
Trim when it hinders water flow if its in a media basket or AIO chamber.
ok it’s in the back second chamber of my tank so how can i tell if it hindering flow

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah...it becomes routine maintenance once you start seeing it grow in a healthy green bundle (give to others or LFS) as well as slowing down the flow to the return (IF your ATO) is coming on more than normal...check to see that the chaeto is not blocking the flow to the return chamber...Green is good; once it turns brown/white...it is old...

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah...it becomes routine maintenance once you start seeing it grow in a healthy green bundle (give to others or LFS) as well as slowing down the flow to the return (IF your ATO) is coming on more than normal...check to see that the chaeto is not blocking the flow to the return chamber...Green is good; once it turns brown/white...it is old...
ok so should check the cheato every time i do a water change and i don’t have an ato and i can’t slow the flow down

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so should check the cheato every time i do a water change and i don’t have an ato and i can’t slow the flow down
NO ATO and You can't slow the flow down? I am not following...then i would guess the next step is basically control the flow via your return pump

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO ATO and You can't slow the flow down? I am not following...then i would guess the next step is basically control the flow via your return pump
yea my ato dosent exist well it kinda dose is my hand and a gallon of rodi water and if i turn down that flown the my corals won’t get as much flow

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back