When is the Osmolator 2 coming out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The expected launch is March for the basic Osmolator 2. I want to clarify though that the Osmolator 2 that has been teased is something between the Nano Osmolator and Osmolator in function and application, though much more modern. It will be more like an optic sensor based Nano Osmolator that is less limited in the system size it can handle. In the fall of next year we expect to launch an Osmolator 2 Professional that will be a very sophisticated top off with a lot of advanced features and both current models will remain for considerably longer as we expect that a lot of users will want to stick with what is tried and true and with the current shortage of electronic components, it helps make sure we always have some option available.

rishma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The expected launch is March for the basic Osmolator 2. I want to clarify though that the Osmolator 2 that has been teased is something between the Nano Osmolator and Osmolator in function and application, though much more modern. It will be more like an optic sensor based Nano Osmolator that is less limited in the system size it can handle. In the fall of next year we expect to launch an Osmolator 2 Professional that will be a very sophisticated top off with a lot of advanced features and both current models will remain for considerably longer as we expect that a lot of users will want to stick with what is tried and true and with the current shortage of electronic components, it helps make sure we always have some option available.
Good idea. Current osmolator is the gold standard and it’s great to see a new advancement coming.

OP
OP
JNalley

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refreshing this. I’m looking for an ato but osmolator is out of stock at all the major places and osmolator 2 kind of went quiet
I think Mr. SaltwaterTank touched base with them at Aquashella about it and they gave tentative release dates...

Edit: It was Reefstock Denver, it's about the Osmolator Pump, but they talk briefly about the Osmolator 2, here's the video

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, while we are completely ready to produce the Osmolator 2, every mold and machining step is ready, we cannot get the chips to produce it until 2023, so it will not be launched until we can get the chips. We have the same problem with current products, without the chips, DC pumps, Osmolators, controllers, are just not possible. There is always hope we will get them early but it has been a couple years of just one problem after another preventing normalcy.

stevedola

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a estimated head pressure footage that the new osmolator 2 is going to be able to pump? I understand the current/old version had 7.2 ft .

stevedola

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a estimated head pressure footage that the new osmolator 2 is going to be able to pump? I understand the current/old version had 7.2 ft .

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current version is zero flow at about 9ft, the new one is about 11ft. From a practical/useful stand point the current one does about 7.2, new one will be about 9 after that the flow is too low.

stevedola

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok...so that should be almost a floor up...wondering if it will pump from lower level. this looks great BTW

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ok...so that should be almost a floor up...wondering if it will pump from lower level. this looks great BTW
If you go with the existing Osmolator, I believe there is a 120 volt adapter that you can connect in place of the little pump. It basically turns an outlet on and off and allows you to use any pump. (Useful for high head pressure situations like you’re describing).

not sure if you were aware of that, but figured I’d share.

RyanHoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go with the existing Osmolator, I believe there is a 120 volt adapter that you can connect in place of the little pump. It basically turns an outlet on and off and allows you to use any pump. (Useful for high head pressure situations like you’re describing).

not sure if you were aware of that, but figured I’d share.
Can you please link me to this setup?
The Tunze osmo pump is one of my least favorite things on earth. It. Is. The. Worst.

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you please link me to this setup?
The Tunze osmo pump is one of my least favorite things on earth. It. Is. The. Worst.
Here you go:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 49.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back