When should I increase nopox?

Hannahmunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, me again!

I’ve been dozing nopox on my 40g tank for about a month now and in that time I increased from 1.6ml to 3ml. I’ve not noticed a massive difference in the nitrates and nothing In the phosphate.

currently I dose nopox everyday and I also add live 10ml of phytoplankton every three days.

yesterday my nitrates were 8 today they are at 11.8. I did a 15% water change two days ago so not sure why they are still high. I am a feeder so possible I over feed ‍♀️

shall I continue with the 3ml for another month at least before increasing the dose?

I’m wanting to add fish but not while the nitrates are high as adding more fish will make them higher.

this is my maintenance schedule:

everyweek 15% water change with natural sea water, add bio s bacteria each week

replace carbon once a week

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, me again!

I’ve been dozing nopox on my 40g tank for about a month now and in that time I increased from 1.6ml to 3ml. I’ve not noticed a massive difference in the nitrates and nothing In the phosphate.

currently I dose nopox everyday and I also add live 10ml of phytoplankton every three days.

yesterday my nitrates were 8 today they are at 11.8. I did a 15% water change two days ago so not sure why they are still high. I am a feeder so possible I over feed ‍♀️

shall I continue with the 3ml for another month at least before increasing the dose?

I’m wanting to add fish but not while the nitrates are high as adding more fish will make them higher.

this is my maintenance schedule:

everyweek 15% water change with natural sea water, add bio s bacteria each week

replace carbon once a week
Have you checked for nitrate in your seawater?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nopox doesn't do much for phosphate. Also, your nitrates are not high. 5-15 is my ideal range

Last edited:
Back