When the heck is Labor Day? I think I am going to have another sale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
But here's the thing I hate about sales. In making this announcement, I've certainly warded off any would be sales, at least for this next week which is fine I guess. But I like the idea of offering the discount to those folks who came in early or after the buzzer just the same. Or I should say, I hate the idea of these folks getting gipped out of the sale just because they unknowingly placed an order ahead of said sale. Also not a real fan of the "perpetual type" that goes on a lot here where somehow everything is on sale all the time.

Anyway.

So, thinking kind of an early bird sale or something running all week next week, wherein if you do place an order I'll discount it for sure. In fact that actually saves me from the inevitable post sale log jam that follows the "actual sale" if you still with me. So it's a win win for both of us. will probably add a free shirt to your order as well:). Just because. I am kind of doing that now.

Am I going to recycle my groovy "Laser Girl" flyer from last year? Very likely. In fact I've been looking forward to it. So, look for that and all the jazz that comes with it around the end of next week. But please don't hesitate to cash in on the "early bird" version.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bored Pop Artist GIF by Mia Rodriguez

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same way you warded off any would be sales by posting this announcement, I’d say you are also gaining some!

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's like you knew I've been browsing through your collection for the last month for fun...ha
Acros are my newest obsession and I've always heard great things about your store.

Strad12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC is the best. The frag size and selection you get in a BattleBox is unmatched. Chunky, healthy, and colorful frags, not to mention friendly service from Adam!

Kylesreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reaction when I am still waiting to place my first BC order is bittersweet. However, this is only because I just picked up another tank and blew my budget on safety/ life support redundancies like a 5 stage RO/DI, dual temp sensor heaters, NFC tag based light and feeding controls, a plywood and 2x4 tank stand with a nice paint job, and a reefpi project instead of ordering more sticks and getting Battlecorals swag, the holiest of holies.

I still have to pickup a new salt, and Tropic Marin Salt is on my agenda.

To be honest though come... Uh... End of October.... I think this may be in a place for some frags....

I don't need a discount or names but I do wanna support you so uhhhh....

If you got a recommendation for 6 frags that will look good when over 12" diameter and probably won't be fragged for a long time (years) in a entirely automated tank with high alk (12.8-13) and high salinity (36-37 ppt), I'm all ears and I think that would be awesome.
Don't tell me the names of them until after I've grown them out to that size though. That will be my reward.

Also you should make Battlecorals shirts for people to buy if they grow your corals out to certain sizes, along with a number to represent how many inches it was in diameter

Example:
"Battlecorals Presents:"
"(%var coral name) (%var ball type)Club"
"Photographic proof of big balls is Required"
"(%var coral diameter)"

Would read as :

Battlecorals Presents:
Bathman Volleyball Club
Photographic Proof of Big Balls is Required.
12 inches and counting

Obviously this opens you up to make funny one off shirts and encourages people to do grow outs.

I thought it might be a neat idea. I'd buy 6.

In the meantime though... Coral dreamin'.
Angry No Money GIF by Dead Meat James

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My reaction when I am still waiting to place my first BC order is bittersweet. However, this is only because I just picked up another tank and blew my budget on safety/ life support redundancies like a 5 stage RO/DI, dual temp sensor heaters, NFC tag based light and feeding controls, a plywood and 2x4 tank stand with a nice paint job, and a reefpi project instead of ordering more sticks and getting Battlecorals swag, the holiest of holies.

I still have to pickup a new salt, and Tropic Marin Salt is on my agenda.

To be honest though come... Uh... End of October.... I think this may be in a place for some frags....

I don't need a discount or names but I do wanna support you so uhhhh....

If you got a recommendation for 6 frags that will look good when over 12" diameter and probably won't be fragged for a long time (years) in a entirely automated tank with high alk (12.8-13) and high salinity (36-37 ppt), I'm all ears and I think that would be awesome.
Don't tell me the names of them until after I've grown them out to that size though. That will be my reward.

Also you should make Battlecorals shirts for people to buy if they grow your corals out to certain sizes, along with a number to represent how many inches it was in diameter

Example:
"Battlecorals Presents:"
"(%var coral name) (%var ball type)Club"
"Photographic proof of big balls is Required"
"(%var coral diameter)"

Would read as :

Battlecorals Presents:
Bathman Volleyball Club
Photographic Proof of Big Balls is Required.
12 inches and counting

Obviously this opens you up to make funny one off shirts and encourages people to do grow outs.

I thought it might be a neat idea. I'd buy 6.

In the meantime though... Coral dreamin'.
Angry No Money GIF by Dead Meat James

Ha! excellent love it. I am actually in the process of getting some BC coral specific designs made for shirts and maybe even stickers. Hopefully in the not to distant future

Kylesreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! excellent love it. I am actually in the process of getting some BC coral specific designs made for shirts and maybe even stickers. Hopefully in the not to distant future.
Check out StickerGiant. I dont get anything out of it but they make great stickers.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Check out StickerGiant. I dont get anything out of it but they make great stickers.
Oh yeah, for the last 12 years I’ve had them make my stickers. But last winter I invested in a fancy machine that allows me to print and cut my own now. Same goes for heat transfers for t shirts and smaller canvas Battleprints even.

464612ED-767E-44C7-B99B-3E75ACFDAC0A.jpeg

Last edited:

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, for the last 12 years I’ve had them make my stickers. But last winter I invested in a fancy machine that allows me to print and cut my own now. Same goes for heat transfers for t shirts and smaller canvas Battleprints even.

464612ED-767E-44C7-B99B-3E75ACFDAC0A.jpeg
You know I need a link!!!! Gotta have one for the smoke shop!

AdamD76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I just ordered a "Blue light special" box.

Not knowing what your going to get makes it ...
Willy Wonka Suspense GIF

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!! Adam thanks so much - appreciate you sending over literally the unexpected and amazing.

the Bohemia, honeycomb, 1st fantasy Nasuta, phenomenal. The tables just everything looks awesome.

I glued down everything so far except the honeycomb and the nasuta, not sure where to put those two but the colors are awesome. Everything has major PE and so far everything looks very happy in my tank alongside my other corals.

Do you happen to have a picture of the nasuta colony?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back