When to add, in what order?

manny14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a 210 gallon tank - looking to finish off my stock but wanted some opinions on what to add and when to add

stock list in order of addition:
2 clowns
Melanurus wrasse
Coral beauty
Blue throat
Fox face
Emperor
4 green chromis
Blue hippo
Blue eye two spot tang
Blonde naso
Gold rim

had a powder blue, got along good with the gold surprisingly - he popped ich and died, my flame angel who was cool with my coral beauty got taken out with ich as well - blonde had black ich, emperor eye infection - It’s been 8 weeks since all of that happened, everyone’s doing great. Water is great, doing 20% water changes every 2 weeks right now and running UV.

looking to add
M-L purple tang
Achilles
Powder blue
Flame
Maybe another wrasse(s)?
Would like a queen angel juvenile, my LFS owner said they don’t grow too fast but I do know id have to rehome at some point.

my LFS has had a purple for months, and an Achilles for months, both eat great. Not sure what to do and when to do it

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. I find the naso to be a wimp so maybe in before the other tangs and foxface.

OP
OP
M

manny14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. I find the naso to be a wimp so maybe in before the other tangs and foxface.
Thanks for the reply! The above list is what’s in the tank already, bottom list is what I want to add just need help getting the order of what to add of that bottom group

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Oops. Didn't see that. Powder blue can be aggressive. Maybe @vetteguy53081 can give you insight on the tangs.
Powder blue, purple and clown tang can be biggest jerks

Clown, sohal are terrors

OP
OP
M

manny14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder blue, purple and clown tang can be biggest jerks

Clown, sohal are terrors
Yeah that’s why I haven’t add those in yet. My tank dynamic is pretty chill right now haha so wondering when is the best time to add and who goes in

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Currently have a 210 gallon tank - looking to finish off my stock but wanted some opinions on what to add and when to add

stock list in order of addition:
2 clowns
Melanurus wrasse
Coral beauty
Blue throat
Fox face
Emperor
4 green chromis
Blue hippo
Blue eye two spot tang
Blonde naso
Gold rim

had a powder blue, got along good with the gold surprisingly - he popped ich and died, my flame angel who was cool with my coral beauty got taken out with ich as well - blonde had black ich, emperor eye infection - It’s been 8 weeks since all of that happened, everyone’s doing great. Water is great, doing 20% water changes every 2 weeks right now and running UV.

looking to add
M-L purple tang
Achilles
Powder blue
Flame
Maybe another wrasse(s)?
Would like a queen angel juvenile, my LFS owner said they don’t grow too fast but I do know id have to rehome at some point.

my LFS has had a purple for months, and an Achilles for months, both eat great. Not sure what to do and when to do it
Achilles - yikes on current prices but good fish, susceptible to stress often leading to velvet
Tomini- My biggest model citizen
Powder blue has calmed down but can be a jerk and a half

Gem, convict, mustard, vlamingi - model citizens

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah that’s why I haven’t add those in yet. My tank dynamic is pretty chill right now haha so wondering when is the best time to add and who goes in
Order to add:

M-L purple tang -3
Achilles -2
Powder blue -4
Flame -1

OP
OP
M

manny14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order to add:

M-L purple tang -3
Achilles -2
Powder blue -4
Flame -1
Powder after Achilles? What about same time? Powder would be smaller than the Achilles too. Purple would be the biggest in the tank if I add the ones I can get from my LFS

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Powder after Achilles? What about same time? Powder would be smaller than the Achilles too. Purple would be the biggest in the tank if I add the ones I can get from my LFS
Thats up to you but having 21 tangs, this is the safest based on aggression potentials

OP
OP
M

manny14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats up to you but having 21 tangs, this is the safest based on aggression potentials
Wow that’s wild lol I had no idea. Great to know. The biggest in the tank right now is either emperor naso or gold rim but all around 4”. The purple is about 4.5-5” and the Achilles is 5” powder would be 3.5-4”

OP
OP
M

manny14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think the gold and Achilles will have it out? My gold pretty chill but when I added my first powder he harassed him for a good two hours, then they were homies and ate together before powder popped ich and died.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do you think the gold and Achilles will have it out? My gold pretty chill but when I added my first powder he harassed him for a good two hours, then they were homies and ate together before powder popped ich and died.
Every addition is a risk. We often get lucky but also see horror stories.

OP
OP
M

manny14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every addition is a risk. We often get lucky but also see horror stories.
I have 2 mirrors, I can feed heavy day before. I’m just wondering if I add powder and Achilles at the same time, can my gold single one out? Looking for advice sorry always a risk just trying to limit it lol

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have 2 mirrors, I can feed heavy day before. I’m just wondering if I add powder and Achilles at the same time, can my gold single one out? Looking for advice sorry always a risk just trying to limit it lol
Again, each fish has their own behavioral structure and temperament. It sounds like your existing tang can be uninviting. Ive never used mirrors but at times work temporarily.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
M

manny14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice and shows interest in food- Price ?
What do you think? Should I pull the trigger? I have more videos if you’d like as well. I just know my gold is gonna harass him right away, but Achilles is bigger than gold.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back