When to Continue Adding Acros To A 5 Gallon SPS tank in the works?

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the one millepora I added a week or so ago seems to be doing well so far..Good polyp extension, flow, and the shade of it's color appear to be natural and in the same state of health as when I purchased it. This is a 5 gallon tank though so I want to be particularly careful. Should I go ahead and add a different species of Acropora and observe it's signs of health? Yes, the frags are very in nexpensibe to use as testers but wanted to hear what other had to say.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you'll have any issues at all. Yes, my tank is a 40g aio cube, but I added 10 new corals (all sps and lps) to a tank with lots of other sps and lps corals. No issues at all.

You should be good.

TheGrimReeferTx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the one millepora I added a week or so ago seems to be doing well so far..Good polyp extension, flow, and the shade of it's color appear to be natural and in the same state of health as when I purchased it. This is a 5 gallon tank though so I want to be particularly careful. Should I go ahead and add a different species of Acropora and observe it's signs of health? Yes, the frags are very in nexpensibe to use as testers but wanted to hear what other had to say.
How old is the tank?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back