When to replace PH probe?

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope do you know when your PH probe needs replacing?

I changed from dosing Kalk to 2 part 4 months ago, and have seen my average PH go from 8.2 to 8.5 since. Seems crazy 2 Part would have a higher PH then Kalk.

But I've recalibrated my probe 2x in that time thinking something was off... it still same consistent results.

My current probe is now 13 months old.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read once that the number the apex shows isn’t as important as to the process itself. I don’t know how true or false that is though.

corey

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve “heard” single junction probes last about a year or so and dbl junction probes about 2-3 years.

nagreen8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope do you know when your PH probe needs replacing?

I changed from dosing Kalk to 2 part 4 months ago, and have seen my average PH go from 8.2 to 8.5 since. Seems crazy 2 Part would have a higher PH then Kalk.

But I've recalibrated my probe 2x in that time thinking something was off... it still same consistent results.

My current probe is now 13 months old.

I recommend spending the money for a Hanna or something equivalent that way u can always know if one is getting out of cal.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back