When to run carbon

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andy_P
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Andy_P

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2022
Messages
15
Reaction score
18
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a 13.5 gal and 20 gal nanos. Just got the 20 and currently running a cycle on it now. Filtration is out until the cycle completes, but my question is when/if I need to run any carbon moving forward after the cycle. I run pretty heavy weekly water changes on the 13.5, 50%+, but want to try and keep the 20 to a 10-20% weekly change. I was looking at either a bag or carbon sponge in a caddy for the 20, but I'm curious as to if carbon is a must or not.
 
It's not a must. Some people swear by it others choose not to run it. Just a personal choice. If you do choose to use it just use high quality rox carbon.
 
I was always told and have read many times if you take water from your tank and put in a white bucket . If the water is yellow it’s time to change carbon
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new